Hegdenagar Home

Hegdenagar Home
Pyari and Mohammad

NEPAL

NEPAL

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dog, Circus, Ping Pong


A golden retriever in an auto rickshaw, the circus is in town and an intense game of ping-pong. 

Madelyn and I are roommates.  Another Habitat volunteer from Seattle, Lori, came knocking quite early.  It is her first trip to India and she was wide-awake at 9AM.  She told us that the eight other volunteers already at the hotel were headed into Bangalore proper for shopping and lunch.  So we decided to join them, but there was no room in the taxi.  I love that Madelyn is up for anything so we jumped into an auto rickshaw and headed into town.  An hour later and some negotiating with the rickshaw wala, we were able to find our group and do a little sightseeing of MG Road and Brigade Road.  We then headed to lunch at Ebony, located in the Ivory Tower! After lunch, you know I had to hit up the beauty parlor.  Got these eyebrows did!  Headed back to the hotel to relax.  En route, we saw a beautiful golden retriever taking a ride in an auto rickshaw.  That dog was so happy!!!  I just thought, “Butters would love this!”  As soon as we passed that, I saw the circus tent!  I told Madelyn that we need to go to that, but due to a group dinner and the intense game of ping-pong accompanied by loud Bollywood music, I didn’t make it!  I hope to go tomorrow! 
So far, the group is fantastic.  I look forward to working with them.  Today we found out that the foundation has been set for these homes so we will be working “up”.  We will know more tomorrow evening at our initial meeting with the entire volunteer group. 
So stay tuned…

3 comments:

  1. MG Road brings back so many good memories. I still remember the first time I got into an auto rickshaw, I must have had the same look that the golden retriever did.

    I'm glad to see that along with helping humanity you still have time for those eyebrows. Indian women are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I know right...since I can't wear makeup, had to have the eyebrows maintained!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! You and I both sis. So glad you're having fun and getting work done.

    ReplyDelete